Women Leaders in Sport Grant ProgramOverview
This program aims to provide women with development opportunities to reach their leadership potential in the sports industry.
The program has the following components:
1. Leadership workshops for individuals and organisations
- Enable women to develop leadership capabilitie and to learn and network with like-minded women in a supportive and safe environment. In addition, the participants learn to effectively manage the challenges within their sport and life in general and gain invaluable support from the experiences and knowledge of other women.
2. Development grants for individuals and organisations
- Supports individual women to gain skills, knowledge and qualifications to progress on their leadership pathway.
- Grants of up to $3,000 are available to support course/training fees.
3. Targeted leadership development program for individuals
- Aim to provide intensive targeted leadership development opportunities for identified future women leaders in sport.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be female.
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent residence status.
- Be involved in a paid or volunteer capacity at a local, State or national level in the sport industry.
- Be supported by a sporting organisation that is, or is affiliated with, a national sporting organisation recognised by the ASC.
- Be, or be affiliated with, a national or state sporting organisation that is recognised by Sport Australia.
- Have no outstanding acquittal and/or reporting requirements from previous WLIS grant recipients.
Please refer to the Information Booklet for the complete eligibility requirements of each grant category.
Please refer to the Information Booklet for eligible courses or projects under each grant category.Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Applicant’s leadership aspiration.
- Impact/benefit of the proposed course/training to the applicant, the supporting organisation or the sport.
- Value for money of the proposed project.
- Quality of the application that sufficient information is provided to demonstrate how the proposed project/training will benefit the applicant to progress the leadership pathway.
- The proposed project will enhance the leadership capabilities of the participants
- The proposed project has well planned timeline, milestones and measurable objectives and outcomes
- The proposed budget is balanced, realistic, well justified and good value for money, and with organisation contribution if possible
- The organisation will have follow-up leadership development with the project participants
- Quality of the application that sufficient information is provided to demonstrate how the proposed project will benefit the applicant to progress the leadership pathway.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Venue hire
- Administration costs
- Materials and resources costs