Wine Export GrantsOverview
This program aims to to reduce the transaction costs of securing new distribution channels for wine exporters and for promoting wine exports, and in doing so increase the opportunity to grow exports from Australia to China, Hong Kong, Macau and the United States of America. It forms part of the the Australian Government’s $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package which seeks to transform the Australian grape and wine industry by driving demand for wine exports and showcasing Australia’s wine tourism to the world.
Reimbursement grants of up to $25,000 are available for 50% of eligible export promotion expenses incurred on or after 1 January 2018, plus an allowance of $350 per day for all on ground and incidental costs, capped at 14 days. The allowance forms part of the maximum grant amount of $25,000. Applicants can only receive the grant once within the duration of the program.
A total funding pool of $1.5 million is available.
Eligible applicants include wine producers in Australia who must:
- Have an aggregated turnover of less than $20 million, including an export turnover of less than $5 million, during the financial year immediately preceding their application.
- Promote their Australian wine product for export to China, Hong Kong, Macau and/or the United States of America.
Eligible expenditure include:
- On ground and incidental costs (e.g. vehicle hire, telephone and internet costs, foreign currency exchange costs, meals, laundry, taxis in countries other than Australia, hospitality costs).
- Accommodation and translation or interpreter services.
- Specific export promotion activities undertaken on or after 1 January 2018.
In addition, applicants can also claim reimbursements for:
- The costs of travel for a single promotional visit to China, Hong Kong, Macau and/or the United States for Australian wine product
- Free samples
- Trade fairs, seminars and in-store promotions
- Marketing and advertising collateral
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of eligible/ineligible expenditure.
|Addendum 2 - Eligible Expenses and 2018 Promotional Event||2018-07-18||Download|
|Applicant User Guide||2018-01-15||Download|
|Addendum 1 - Eligible Expenses and Promotional Events||2018-07-18||Download|
|Letter of Offer||2018-01-15||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator