Veterans' Health Week (VHW) FundingOverview
This program aims to encourage and assist ex-service organisations (ESOs) and community organisations to deliver events during VHW for the benefit of the veteran community.
For 2019, the Veterans' Health Week (VHW) will be held 26 October to 3 November. The VHW 2019 theme is mental wellness. Events can be either DVA funded or registered (DVA funding not required). DVA funded and registered events are included in the VHW events calendar.
Funding between $200 and $720 (GST included) is available. If the event costs $720, DVA funding will cover the cost of the event. If the event costs more than $720, applicants can apply for up to $720, knowing that extra costs need to be covered by the organisation. Partial funding of events may occur if the demand for funding exceeds the national budget.
Eligible applicants include organisations that are one that is either of the following:
- An ESO
- A community organisation (incorporated or unincorporated) with established links to the veteran community
Eligible expenditure include paying for:
- Guest speaker: Psychologist to deliver one hour talk on building resilience
- Catering/nutritionist: Healthy lunch options including sandwiches/wraps and fruit for 15 people. Nutritionist to deliver talk on how food can affect your mood.
- Exercise class: Instructor to deliver yoga class and discuss the benefits of yoga for managing stress.
- Promotion: Paid adverts in local newspapers.
- Promotional items: Stress balls branded with the VHW logo.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- An individual
- DVA contracted providers and/or health care professionals
- Australian Government departments, agencies and statutory authorities
- A organisation that has outstanding VHW acquittals
- Overseas organisations or individuals
- An organisation receiving other government funding for the same purpose as the VHW event
- State or Territory Government departments, agencies and statutory authorities
- A local government organisation
- Alcohol or to provide alcohol as a prize
- Interstate travel
- Multiple-day trips
- Provision of welfare/advocacy services to organisation members
- Motor vehicle allowance/petrol reimbursement for private car use