This program aims to assist small and medium sized exporters to achieve long term success in international markets. It is an extension to Austrade’s own offices and is delivered in partnership with State, Territory and local governments, industry associations and chambers of commerce.
The program offers exporters the combined resources of Austrade and each partner organisation, providing local assistance and a direct link to Austrade’s services and overseas network.
Austrade provides a range of services and assistance to Australian exporters and education providers covering:
- General information and advice on exporting and international business
- International trade and education alerts
- Tailored services including market-entry and expansion assistance
- Referrals to specialist service providers
Before contacting Austrade for help, businesses are advised to:
- Consider if the business is ready for export and be sure that they understand exactly what exporting involves before they start. Visit getting ready for export if they need help and complete the International Readiness Indicator to make sure they are prepared.
- Build their export strategy. Consider what countries hold the best prospects and opportunities for their business and do some research to understand the key fundamentals of each market. Identify events overseas that they can leverage to promote their products or services or visit to learn more about a market’s requirements.
- Develop a brief for Austrade. Businesses must provide a marketing collateral, export plans and an outline of their ideal partner or the contacts they wish to meet if they are making an overseas visit.
Eligible applicants include organisations that must be:
- A registered Australian business with an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Seeking to export products or services, including education services, from Australia to foreign markets, or seeking to establish an overseas presence to promote their Australian capabilities.
- Conducting activities overseas that bring an economic benefit to the Australian economy or enhance the reputation of Australia and/or Australian industry.
- Committed to obeying the laws of Australia and foreign nations, including compliance with anti-bribery legislation.
- Research & Development
- Business Support