Sporting Club Grants ProgramOverview
This program seeks to assist in the purchase of sports uniforms and equipment and to improve the capacity and accessibility of Victorian clubs and other community sport and recreation organisations and increase the skills of their coaches, officials and managers.
There are four funding categories:
1. Category 1: Uniforms or equipment
- To purchase uniforms or other equipment essential for participation.
- Grants of up to $1,000 are available.
2. Category 2: Skill development
- To improve the skills of club members by providing training for coaches, officials, administration staff and management committees.
- Grants of up to $2,000 are available.
3. Category 3: Club operational capacity
- To improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of clubs through strategic planning or, to increase community participation through accessible sport and active recreation opportunities.
- Grants of up to $5,000 are available.
4. Category 4: Aboriginal participation
- Available grants are up to:
a) $1,000 for uniforms and equipment
b) $2,000 for skills development training
c) $750 for travel to competition or training
The 2017-18 application dates are:
- Round 1: Opened 19 June and closed 19 July 2017
- Round 2: Opened 27 November and closed 24 January 2018
Eligible applicants include community organisations delivering sport and active recreation programs anywhere in Victoria that must:
- Be non-government, not-for-profit and registered as an incorporated body at the time of application and for the project duration.
- Possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) or provide a completed Australian Tax Office form (Statement by a Supplier) so that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment.
- Adhere to the Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport.
- Comply with the expectations of the Victorian Antidoping Policy 2012.
- Have satisfactorily met reporting requirements on any grants received from Sport and Recreation Victoria.
School sport and recreation clubs are only eligible to apply if players are not current students.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete information on eligibility requirements.
Please refer to the Guidelines for examples of eligible activities of each grant category.Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Why is this grant needed?
- What benefits will the grant provide?
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete information of the assessment criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Project activity beginning, or uniforms or equipment purchased, prior to the closing date of each round.
- Personal protective equipment such as mouth guards.
- Personal flotation devices.
- Material/s from which sporting uniforms will be made.
- Fixed playing surfaces and structures (e.g. synthetic pitch, goal posts).
- Capital expenditure including the purchase of land (e.g. permanent shade structures, permanent fencing, fixed lighting, permanent practice wickets, ramps and other permanent structures).
- Repair of equipment, structures and playing surfaces (e.g. golf course, turf wicket pitch).
- Non-playing/participation equipment (e.g. public address systems, banners, trophies, videos, sunshades, carpet/lino, clubroom items, wicket covers, scoreboards, GPS).
- Canteen items (e.g. microwave ovens, soft drink, food, alcohol, cooking utensils).
- Maintenance equipment (e.g. lawn mowers, rollers, line marker, hose, compressors).
- Purchase or leasing of vehicles (e.g. boats, bikes, golf carts, jet-ski, go-kart), trailers and accessories.
- Firearms (e.g. rifles, pistols), scopes and ammunition.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of restrictions.
- Research & Development
- Business Support