Sector Support – Small Assistance Grant for Early Years ServicesOverview
This program aims to support early years services, including kindergartens with a Voluntary Management Committee, to improve the viability, capability and quality of their service to ensure learning, development and wellbeing outcomes are achieved for children and families in their community.
Grants of up to $25,000 (GST exclusive) are available.
Applicants can supplement the cost of the proposed project/s through a co-contribution if the total amount exceeds the capped amount available through this grant program. Payments to successful applicants will be made by 30 June 2018 and funding must be expended prior to 30 June 2019.
Eligible applicants include:
- Organisations that are currently in receipt of a Department of Education grant to deliver an early years service in one of the funding categories listed below:
a) Integrated Service Delivery
b) Family Support
c) Child Focused Activities and Groups
d) Early Childhood Education and Care
e) Sector Support
- Kindergartens that are operated and managed by a Voluntary Management Committee (VMC)
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete information on eligibility requirements.
Eligible activities include:
- Educational program and practice development and staff professional development
- Enhancement of service management, governance and sustainability
- Community, parental and family engagement activities.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Demonstrated alignment with the Department’s Strategic Plan 2017-2021.
- Demonstrated improvement to viability, capability and quality of service delivery in the community.
- Demonstrated value for money .
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Motor vehicles
- Activities or items requiring recurrent funding
- Project management fees for the management committee or a central governing body organisation
- Ongoing administration costs
- Infrastructure or capital works projects
- Research & Development
- Business Support