Restart Wage SubsidyOverview
This programme aims to encourage businesses to hire and retain mature age employees who are 50 years of age and over.
A financial incentive of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) is available over six months if they employ eligible mature age job seekers.
Employers may also be able to receive a kickstart payment of up to 40% of the total wage subsidy after four weeks of the job starting.
Eligible employers must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have not previously received a Restart wage subsidy for the same job seeker.
- Not be an Australian, State or Territory government agency.
Eligible activities include employing an eligible mature age person:
- For an average of 20 hours per week over the six months of the agreement.
- Work that complies with employment standards for the position (for example, is suitable work and pays as a minimum the national award wage).
Apprenticeships and traineeships can also be eligible for Restart.
- Research & Development
- Business Support