Regional Jobs and Investment Package (RJIP)Overview
This program aims to support regional communities to diversify their economies, stimulate long-term growth and deliver sustainable employment.
Ten pilot regions have been chosen to be a part of the RJIP. These regions have much untapped potential which, if unlocked could lead to new sources of growth, economic diversity and the opportunity to pursue export markets. RJIP aims to support these regions to meet the opportunities that will help to secure their economic future.
The funding allocation and rounds for each region are:
1. Opened 31 May and closed 15 August 2017
- Tropical North Queensland: $20 million
- Bowen Basin, Queensland: $30 million
- Wide Bay Burnett, Queensland: $20 million
- North Coast, NSW: $25 million
- South Coast, NSW: $20 million
- Geelong, VIC: $20 million
2. Closed 19 October 2017, 5pm AEDT
- Upper Spencer Gulf, SA: $20 million
- Regional Tasmania: $25 million
- Goulburn Valley, VIC: $20 million
3. Closed 17 November 2017, 5pm AEDT
- Latrobe Valley, VIC: $20 million
Funding will be available through three streams:
- Stream 1: Business innovation grants
- Stream 2: Local infrastructure grants
- Stream 3: Skills and training grants
A minimum grant of $50,000 is available for Streams 1 and 2. There is no minimum grant for Stream 3. The maximum grant amount is limited to the available grant funding in the region.
Grants funding will be up to 50% of eligible project costs. Applicants are required to provide the remaining 50% as co-funding towards their project. Non-business applicant must demonstrate that they are experiencing exceptional circumstances, they may seek an exemption from the co-funding requirement. Please refer to the Guidelines for more information of co-funding and the exceptional circumstances co-funding exemption.
A total funding pool of $220 million is available over four years from 2016-17.
As announced in the 2018-19 Federal Budget, the Government will provide an additional $2.3 million in 2018-19 to the Regional Jobs and Investment Package for Regional Tasmania. The cost of the measure will be met by redirecting funding from the Tasmanian Jobs and Investment Fund.
Eligible applicants include:
1. Local infrastructure and Skills and training
- Local government agency or body as defined in the local government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995 (Cth)
- Not for profit organisation that is a legal entity and has been established for at least two years prior to the time of applying.
2. Business innovation
- Company, incorporated in Australia
- Incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
Eligible activities include:
1. Local infrastructure
- Purchase of materials
- External labour hire
- Construction of new and upgraded infrastructure
2. Business innovation
- Acquiring, installing, constructing and commissioning new machinery and equipment
- Fit out, alterations/or extensions to existing premises related to the new machinery or equipment
- Acquiring and developing new technology such as computer software and hardware
3. Skills and training
- Tailored non-accredited training
- Skill sets from nationally recognised training
- Training that is accredited through State and Territory systems
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of eligible activities/projects/expenditure.
The main assessment criteria include:
- The extent to which their project addresses the Local Investment Plan’s investment sectors and strategic priorities.
- Level of net economic benefit their project will deliver to the region during and beyond the project period.
- Value for money offered by their project.
- Capacity, capability and resources to carry out the project.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of restrictions.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Factsheet - Business Innovation Stream||2017-12-09||Download|
|Sample Application Form - Skills and Training Stream||2017-12-09||Download|
|Factsheet - Local Infrastructure Stream||2017-12-09||Download|
|Factsheet - Skills and Training Stream||2017-12-09||Download|
|Sample Application Form - Business Innovation Stream||2017-12-09||Download|
|Sample Application Form - Local Infrastructure Stream||2017-12-09||Download|
|Factsheet - Overview||2017-12-09||Download|
|Recipients - Geelong||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - New South Wales and North Coast||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - New South Wales and South Coast||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - Tropical North Queensland||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - Regional Tasmania||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - Wide Bay Burnett Queensland||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - Bowen Basin||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - Goulburn Valley||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - Upper Spencer Gulf||2018-08-21||Download|
|Recipients - Latrobe Valley||2018-08-21||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator