Regional Growth Fund – Regional Sports InfrastructureOverview
This program aims to foster the benefits of sport in communities. It will invest in new and existing venues to improve the participation and performance in sports at all levels.
The objectives of the fund are to:
- Increase the number and type of regional level sporting facilities.
- Improve the standard of existing regional level sporting facilities.
- Increase participation opportunities in sport.
- Provide infrastructure that enables economic growth and boost productivity.
Grants between $1 million and $10 million are available. Projects will only be considered where there is a minimum financial co-contribution towards the project of 25% of the total grant amount, unless financial hardship can be demonstrated. Projects with greater financial co-contribution will be considered favorably.
It is a key element of the NSW government’s $1.3 billion investment program to build economies and develop communities across the State. Up to $100 million has been made available to the regions.
The application is a two-stage process:
- Expression of Interest: Opened 15 March and closed 4 May 2018, 5pm
- Detailed application: Opened mid-June and closes 31 August 2018, 5pm
Eligible applicants include:
- NSW State sporting organisations.
- Incorporated, community-based, notfor-profit sporting organisations (clubs and associations whose primary purpose is to organise sporting activities/deliver sport programs) and those organisations providing sport and recreation programs that benefit the community such as PCYCs, YMCA and YWCA.
- Educational organisations (such as schools, TAFEs and universities) in conjunction with local councils, and local or State sporting entities.
- Private enterprises.
Project nominations involving partnerships between groups are encouraged.
Please refer to the website to check for eligible LGAs.
Eligible projects include:
- Regional sport hubs.
- The development and construction of new sport facilities or the upgrade and/or expansion of existing sport facilities.
- Amenity buildings such as storage, kiosks, club rooms, dressing rooms and grandstands.
- Facilities classified as Tier 3 stadia under the NSW Stadia Strategy (typically facilities with a maximum capacity of 10,000 to 20,000 people with limited or no corporate facilities, but capable of hosting State level competitions and exhibition or pre-season matches for sporting teams playing in national competitions).
- High-performance centres.
- Multi-sport, multipurpose facilities.
- Significant single-sport facilities, which provide benefits to other sports and/or the community.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Strategic alignment
Please refer to the Fact Sheet for the complete information of the assessment criteria.
The following projects are ineligible for funding:
- Facilities classified as Tier 1 or 2 under the NSW Stadia Strategy.
- For smaller scale facilities.
- Not in eligible locations.
- On private land where there is no benefit to the community’s interests in sport and active recreation.
- Related primarily to operational expenditure, including but not limited to regular repairs and maintenance.
- For the maintenance or construction of local roads or other core service infrastructure works that are the ordinary responsibility of council or other level of government.
- Related to engaging or paying permanent employees.
- Related to buying or upgrading non-fixed equipment.
- For the purchase or lease of land.
- Related to administrative or running costs that are normally the responsibility of businesses, State or Territory agencies, or local councils.
- Which would proceed without any NSW government financial assistance.
- Requests for additional funding for the same outcome and that have previously accessed other NSW government funding.
- Related to marketing, advertising or product promotion.
- Requiring ongoing funding from the NSW government or Commonwealth government.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Expression of Interest Checklist||2018-03-20||Download|
|Project Plan Template||2018-03-20||Download|
|Project Budget Template||2018-03-20||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator