Office of Multicultural Interests – Community Grants ProgramOverview
This program aims to empower culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) communities in Western Australia to design, deliver and partner on projects that address their needs.
Grants are available in three categories:
- Festivals: Up to $5,000
- Community capacity building: Up to $5,000
- Strategic projects: Up to $30,000
Eligible applicants include not-for-profit organisations and associations operating in Western Australia under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015.
Unincorporated not-for-profit associations and community groups based in Western Australia may apply under the auspices of an eligible organisation or a local government authority who is able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the applicant’s project.
Eligible activities include community-led activities that:
- Celebrate and promote Western Australia's cultural diversity.
- Build the capacity of individuals, families and communities to contribute to the civic and economic life of the State.
- Improve the accessibility and effectiveness of services.
Please refer to specific Guidelines for eligible activities/projects for each category.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Purpose (40%)
- Community need (30%)
- Organisational capacity (30%)
Please refer to the Guidelines for complete information of the assessment criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Local, State and Commonwealth government agencies.
- Unincorporated not-for-profit organisations.
- Commercial or for-profit organisations.
- Educational institutions/agencies including schools, universities and TAFE colleges.
- Political organisations.
- Existing, ongoing or recurrent organisational costs (e.g. salaries, fees and lease or rental payments).
- Venue hire for an applicant organisation’s own venue.
- Purchase of capital equipment (e.g. computers, photocopiers and vehicles).
- Capital works (e.g. purchase of land or buildings, repairs, extensions, renovations or maintenance).
- Accommodation costs.
Please refer to specific Guidelines for complete information on restrictions for each category.
- Research & Development
- Business Support