National/International Sport Championships ProgramOverview
This program aims to promote and develop sport by encouraging national and international level competition in Tasmania. It seeks to assist in meeting costs associated with hosting a national or international sport championship event within Tasmania.
Grants of up to $6,000 is available per organisation and per sport during 2017-18. Where a sport, as defined by the Australian Sports Commission, has one national sporting organisation but multiple disciplines/organisations, the total amount of funding available to that sport will be limited to $6,000.
Funding limits are as follow:
- $1,000 for championship events held on a single day or for one or more stage(s) of a national or international championship series
- $3,000 for one championship event held over two or more consecutive days
A total funding pool of approximately $40,000 is available in 2017-18.
Eligible organisations conducting the national or international sport championship event must be: :
- The State sporting organisation taking responsibility for the administration and development of a sport in Tasmania.
- Affiliated with a national sporting organisation, who in turn is recognised by the Australian Sports Commission, and recognised by the sport’s national sporting organisation as the State sporting organisation for the sport in Tasmania; or be an Australian Sports Commission recognised national sporting organisation operating under a unitary model of governance delivering the sport in Tasmania.
- An incorporated, not-for-profit organisation or a not-for-profit company registered under company law.
Eligible national or international sport championship events must be:
- Conducted on behalf of the national sporting organisation (a national sporting organisation is recognised as such by the Australian Sports Commission).
- A competition between a minimum of four States and/or Territories.
- A competition recognised as a national or an international sport championship.
- One or more national or international champions are declared, or national points are awarded.
Events where two or more championships are awarded (e.g. men’s and women’s, juniors and seniors, multi-disciplines) are considered one event.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Championship events for juniors aged 12 years and under.
- State championships.
- Championship events that have commenced prior to the lodgement of this application.
- Championship events held outside Tasmania.
- Championship events that are held outside the event funding period, 10 July 2017 until 30 November 2018.
- Attendance at State, national or international championships.
- National league competitions.
- Research & Development
- Business Support