Local Industry Fund for Transition (LIFT) – Melbourne's WestOverview
This program aims to support the communities most affected by the impending closure of major car manufacturing in Victoria. It is one of the four sub-funds comprising the Local Industry Fund for Transition (LIFT).
The following are the local government areas in Melbourne’s West:
- Hobsons Bay
- Moonee Valley
Grants of up to $2 million are available on a 3:1 matched funding basis. Projects must have total eligible expenditure of more than $200,000.
A total funding pool of $5 million is available.
The program has a two-stage application process:
- Expression of interest (EOI): Closed 6 July 2018.
- Formal applications (by invitation from the department): Closed 1 August 2018.
Eligible applicants include businesses that must have:
- An Australian Company Number (ACN).
- An Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Financial capacity to meet the co-contribution requirement ($3 for every $1 granted).
- Financial reports for the last three financial years to enable the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (the department) to conduct a financial risk assessment (FRA).
Businesses of all sizes are eligible to apply and joint applications are acceptable, provided there is a lead applicant that is both the primary project proponent and an eligible applicant. Where a project involves two or more businesses, the lead applicant should submit the application and will be subject to a FRA. All participating businesses will be subject to probity checks.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of ineligible applicants.
Eligible project expenditure may include:
- Purchase of equipment or machinery to assist business establishment or expansion.
- Direct labour costs.
- Construction or fit-out of a new building or extension to existing premises.
Preference will be given to projects that create jobs for local workers facing retrenchment due to the closure of automotive manufacturing operations.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Level of job creation.
- Level of net economic benefit.
- Demonstrated skills, experience and resources available to the business to successfully undertake the project.
- Sustainability of the project and need for government support.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Fact Sheet - Melbourne's West||2018-02-24||Download|
|Funding Agreement Template||2018-02-24||Download|
|Project Implementation Plan Template||2018-02-24||Download|
|Sample Expression of Interest Form||2018-02-24||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator