Landing Pads ProgramOverview
This program aims to provide market-ready startups and scaleups with potential for rapid growth a cost effective option to land and expand into major global innovations hubs around the world.
Eligible participants will receive:
- Support from an Austrade Landing Pad coordinator based in market who can help you identify customers, partners and investors, and negotiate the local business culture.
- Access to a state-of-the-art workspace among like-minded global entrepreneurs.
- Introductions to experienced mentors and advisors.
- Access to industry leaders, venture capitalists and other key influencers.
- Opportunities to network with potential partners and investors.
Participants are required to meet all costs associated with their travel, accommodation and insurance, and obtain an appropriate visa for the market.
The 2018-19 closing dates are:
- 8 October 2018
- 8 February 2019
- 20 May 2019
Eligible applicants include Australian startups that are ready to go global and have:
- Market relevance
Eligible assistance from an Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) Landing Pad manager includes one-on-one business development assistance, such as:
- Guidance on identifying and targeting customers.
- Advice on how to access angel investors, venture capital and other potential sources of investment.
- Introductions to local government agencies offering support programs for new businesses and startups.
- Advice on how to leverage networks in the market to meet with peers, decision makers and influencers.
- Referrals to professional services and advisory firms.
- Advice on how to negotiate the local business culture.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Track record
- Ability to scale up
- What makes the products or services stand out in the market
- Research & Development
- Business Support