Landing Pads ProgramOverview
This program aims to provide market-ready startups and scaleups with potential for rapid growth a cost effective option to land and expand into major global innovations hubs around the world. It seeks to enable startups to rapidly fine-tune their pitch, commercialise their offering, identify partners, customers and investors, and access global markets.
Five Landing Pads have been established in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Shanghai, Berlin and Singapore.
The program provides market-ready startups and scaleups with:
- A ninety day residency in a co-working space to help them grow their business by facilitating in-market business development, introductions to investors and mentor networks and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Business services and in-market learnings from local and international experts.
- Access to a curated community that supports Australian entrepreneurs who want to go global via shared insights and collaboration opportunities.
- Assistance post residency with business advice to help them continue to grow their business.
Participants are required to meet all costs associated with their travel, accommodation and insurance, and obtain an appropriate visa for the market.
The program runs three cohorts per year to all five locations. The application dates for the are:
- LP1 2020: Opened 21 May 2019 and closed 7 October 2019
- LP2 2020: Opened 8 October 2019 and closes 10 February 2020
- LP3 2020: Opens 11 February 2020 and closes 18 May 2020
Eligible applicants include Australian startups that are ready to go global and have:
- Vision – what are the startup’s objectives and how are they going to achieve them?
- Scalability – can they deliver their product or service to 100 or 1 million customers?
- Traction – do they have a proof-of-concept, existing sales and customers, funding, investors and partners?
- Differentiation – how does their offering disrupt its marketplace, and what is their value proposition and vision for growth?
- Market relevance – how would 90 days in a Landing Pad make a difference to their startup?
The main assessment criteria include:
- Track record
- Ability to scale up
- What makes the products or services stand out in the market
- Research & Development
- Business Support