Keep Australia Beautiful – Beverage Container Recycling GrantsOverview
This program offers financial assistance to local communities wishing to improve beverage container recycling.
The focus of the program is on:
- Recycling away from home.
- Practical projects that leave a legacy.
- Projects that don’t duplicate existing recycling activities.
- Projects that result in measurable volumes of recycled materials.
- Projects that have a strong focus on the recovery of beverage containers.
Grants between $1,000 and $20,000 (including GST) are available. The total funding pool is $440,000.
Eligible applicants must be a legal entity within Australia with a current ABN or work closely with an organisation who is willing to enter into an auspice agreement.Eligible Activities
Eligible projects include those that have:
- A focus on the recycling of beverage containers away from home and improves recycling and waste management infrastructure and/or educates the public on the importance of recycling.
- Benefits for the whole community.
The main assessment criteria include whether the applicants:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the litter and recycling problem in their community and have identified evidence-based solutions.
- Have identified clear project objectives and a solid methodology to evaluate the success of their project.
- Provide an accurate project budget with all resources identified including sources of additional funding if applicable.
- Demonstrate a plan to instigate community behaviour change, not simply installing waste management infrastructure.
- Have proven a community-wide benefit.
- Demonstrate a plan to engage a wide and diverse group of stakeholders in project delivery.
- Prove that their project can continue after the initial support from the grant.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Political organisations or activities.
- Project expenses incurred prior to grant allocation.
- Project activity that is implemented outside of Australia.
- In the case of schools or business, projects that solely benefit the applicant organisation without a demonstrated benefit to the wider community.
- Research & Development
- Business Support