Inspiring Australia – Science Engagement Programme: National Science Week GrantsOverview
This program seeks to support projects that stimulate and leverage further contributions by organisations across Australia and those which target new and under-served audiences.
Grants between $2,000 and $20,000 are available.
A total funding pool of $2 million is available over four years ($500,000 each year) from 2016-17 to 2019-20.
The National Science Week will be held on 10-18 August 2019.
Eligible applicants include:
- Be an individual 18 years of age or older.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Joint applications are acceptable, provided they have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project.
Eligible projects must:
- Be directed towards a science-related activity that will be conducted in Australia during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week.
- Address one or more of the following purposes:
a) Draw the nation’s attention towards the Sciences.
b) Spark broad interest and engagement in the Sciences.
c) Provide an opportunity for all Australians to participate in science events and activities.
d) Foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry.
e) Trial new and innovative science communication activities.
- Involve attendance or participation by the general public.
- Include eligible activities and eligible expenditure.
Project can include activities at multiple locations, as long as all locations are within Australia.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible activities and expenditure.
The main assessment criteria include:
- The reach and impact of the project. (50 points)
- The capacity, capability and resources to carry out the project. (30 points)
- Impact of funding on their project (20 points)
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete information of the assessment criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Commonwealth entity
- Infrastructure and support costs associated with ongoing activities
- General administration
- Salaries and salary related expenses, including event management
- Administrative levies/fees imposed by a parent organisation
- Internal charges such as venue hire
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of restrictions.
- Research & Development
- Business Support