FRRR – Back to School Program (BTS)Overview
This program seeks to help rural, regional and remote students to access quality educational experiences.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Improve access to education through enabling the purchase of items required to attend and engage in school.
- Help meet basic needs that assist children to reach their full potential, fit in with their peers, provide a helping hand and show that someone cares.
- Build local connections and community resilience through local distribution networks and community foundations.
Gift vouchers, from Target or local retailers, worth $50 are available.
Eligible applicants include not-for-profit community organisations and community foundations in rural, regional and remote area.Eligible Activities
Eligible items include:
- School uniforms
- School bags
- School stationery items
The main assessment criteria include:
- The applicant is a community foundation operating in rural, regional or remote Australia.
- There is a demonstrated need for the project in the community/region.
- The program delivery mechanism is clearly planned.
- The project is supported by viable project management arrangements (both human and other resources required).
- The project is supported by a financially sound organisation (audited financial statements to be provided).
- The project’s outcomes align with FRRR’s Back to School program objectives – to improve access to education by assisting rural, regional and remote students to access quality educational experiences through the provision of $50 vouchers to purchase items required to attend and engage in school.
Vouchers must not be used for the purchase of alcohol or tobacco, as rewards, raffle prizes, or to purchase goods for resale.