First Start LoanOverview
This program aims to provide loans at concessional rates of interest to an applicant in the first years of establishment of a primary production enterprise in Queensland.
The objectives of the scheme are to:
- Strengthen the economy of Queensland regions.
- Facilitate the development of sustainable primary production in Queensland.
The maximum amount of a loan, or the total outstanding loan balances under this program is $2 million. The maximum term of a loan is 20 years with low interest rates fixed for 1, 3 or 5 years (interest rates are subject to change in January and July each year).
Eligible applicants must:
- Have resided in Queensland for six months.
- Not own, or have disposed of, a viable primary production enterprise.
- Demonstrate financial need for the assistance.
- If the loan is to enter the existing primary production enterprise or buy the applicant’s parents’ or other family member’s assets, be able to demonstrate:
a) The parents or family member is not in a financial position to completely effect a transfer of the assets.
b) The purchase is not merely a refinance arrangement.
- Demonstrate adequate experience or other qualifications to give the applicant a reasonable prospect of success in the particular industry the applicant wishes to enter.
- Be able to demonstrate:
a) For buying a primary production enterprise, the applicant will have 50% equity in the enterprise.
b) For a leasing, sharefarming or sharefishing arrangement, the applicant will pay 50% of the set up costs of the enterprise.
- Demonstrate adequate funding for carry-on purposes.
- Demonstrate sound prospects for commercial viability in the long term development of the primary production enterprise, in accordance with the planned progression, and the capacity to service the proposed debt from the enterprise and other forms of income.
- Trade in the applicant’s own right or satisfy QRIDA that their entry into the existing primary production enterprise of their parents or other family member is part of a longer term plan to ultimately trade in their own right.
- Provide a management plan that shows the stages of a planned progression towards a viable first primary production enterprise.
Eligible activities include:
- Acquire and operate a first viable primary production enterprise.
- Acquire and operate a primary production enterprise on a staged basis, as part of a longer term plan for the applicant to operate a viable primary production enterprise.
- Enter an existing primary production enterprise of the applicant’s parents or other family member/s, as part of a longer term plan for the applicant to operate a viable primary production enterprise in the applicants own right.
- Enter into a leasing or sharefarming arrangement that will lead to the applicant operating a viable primary production enterprise.
- Upgrade/build-up or develop the applicant’s existing non-viable primary production enterprise that has not generated the majority of the applicant’s income to one of an economically sustainable size.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Management Plan - Primary Producer||2018-02-24||Download|
|Management Plan - Commercial Fisher||2018-02-24||Download|
|Cash Flow Spreadsheet - Primary Producer||2018-02-24||Download|
|Cash Flow Spreadsheet - Commercial Fisher||2018-02-24||Download|
|Application Form - Primary Producer||2018-02-24||Download|
|Application Form - Commercial Fisher||2018-02-24||Download|
|Loan Review Form||2018-02-24||Download|
|Property Details Form||2018-02-24||Download|
|Schedule of Account Details||2018-02-24||Download|
|Loan Review Form||2018-11-26||Download|
|Application Form - Primary Producer||2018-11-26||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator