First Call FundOverview
This program seeks to support schools and community groups so they can experience the huge variety of live performances, workshops and other participatory events at Arts Centre Melbourne. It provides a means for ongoing engagement with the State’s largest performing arts centre, leading to greater benefits from the arts experiences it provides.
The Fund provides support through:
- Providing access to performances, workshops, tours and teacher PDs at Arts Centre Melbourne for the low-cost of only $1 per ticket (subject to program availability).
- A contribution towards travel costs to and from Arts Centre Melbourne.
- Application opened on 14 October 2019 and will close mid-term 1, 2020.
- Providing fully funded arts experiences for community groups and organisations including tickets to shows, opportunities to get involved in participatory arts events and so much more.
- Open on an ongoing basis.
The level of contribution is determined on a case-by-case basis and is not guaranteed.
Eligible applicants include:
- All Victorian community organisations, big or small, who feel their members would benefit from this partnership
- Any Victorian school based on the following criteria:
a) The school Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) is a number based on parents' occupation and education, a school's geographical location and proportion of Indigenous students. It was developed by Australian Curriculum Assessment and Reporting Authority. ACARA's website provides school profile data sets up to 2017, or you can refer to your MySchool listing.
b) The location of the school.
c) The socioeconomic and cultural background of the students.
d) Special circumstances such as high unemployment, drought, flood, bushfire etc.
Eligible expenditure include cost of:
- Other costs associated with a visit to Arts Centre Melbourne