Entrepreneurs' Programme – Accelerating CommercialisationOverview
This program aims to encourage and assist small and medium businesses, entrepreneurs and researchers to commercialise novel products, processes and services. It forms part of the Entrepreneurs' Programme, an Australian Government’s flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity at the firm level.
The program comprises the following activities:
- Commercialisation guidance: A range of services provided by a commercialisation advisor to help businesses achieve project objectives.
- Accelerating commercialisation grant: Supports eligible commercialisation projects for up to 50% of the eligible expenditure, up to a maximum of:
a) $250,000 for commercialisation offices and eligible partner entities
b) $1 million for all other applicants
- Portfolio services: A range of services to assist participants in the portfolio to achieve their commercialisation goal.
Generally, businesses should seek commercialisation guidance first, and then apply for either an Accelerating Commercialisation Grant (for which they will also receive portfolio services) or for portfolio services alone.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have a novel product, process or service you wish to commercialise.
- Be a for-profit, registered company operating in Australia.
- Be a commercialisation office or eligible partner entity.
- Be an individual, partnership or trustee who agrees to form a for-profit company.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
Eligible projects must aim to achieve at least one of the following:
- Engage external professionals, for example to confirm the market opportunity, develop the business model, identify potential partners, develop an IP strategy, raise capital, or prepare an Information Memorandum.
- Complete development of a novel product, process or service.
- Prove commercial viability of a novel product, process or service to a customer, investor or strategic partner.
- Make the first sales of the novel product, process or service in Australia or overseas.
- Engage a senior experienced executive to fill a key gap in the management team, which is essential to achievement of commercialisation outcomes.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of eligible and ineligible projects/expenditure/assistance.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Need for funding
- Market opportunity
- Value proposition
- Execution plan
- Management capability
- National benefits
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Sample Funding Agreement||2018-03-17||Download|
|Sample Grant Application Form||2018-03-17||Download|
|Application Mandatory Attachment - Accountant's Declaration||2018-04-19||Download|
|Application Mandatory Attachment - Merit Criteria||2018-04-19||Download|
|Application Mandatory Attachment - Project Summary||2018-04-19||Download|
|Application Mandatory Attachment - Project Budget Calculator||2018-04-19||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator