Energy Efficient Communities ProgramOverview
This program aims to assist businesses and community organisations to improve energy efficiency practices and technologies and better manage energy consumption to reduce their power bills. This measure will deliver up to 3 million tonnes of abatement to 2030.
There are two streams of funding available:
- Business stream
- Community organisations stream
Grants will be made available to eligible applicants on a first come, first served basis.
A total funding pool of $50 million is available.Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include:
1. Busienss stream
- Small businesses turning over less than $10 million per year.
- Businesses that consume large amounts (over 0.05 petajoules) of energy each year.
2. Community stream
- Community organisations that are incorporated not-for-profits, such as:
a) Men’s Sheds
b) Community owned kindergartens
c) Welfare centres
d) Community centres
e) Women’s associations
f) Community owned childcare centres
g) Community football and netball clubs
h) Scout and Guide groups
i) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community groups
j) Surf lifesaving clubs
- Country Fire Authorities and Rural Fire Services
Eligible activities include:
- Equipment upgrades that reduce energy consumption, excluding energy generation equipment such as solar photovoltaic panels.
- Completion of energy systems assessments according to Australian Standard AS/NZS 3598 2014 or feasibility studies to investigate energy efficiency opportunities.
- Investment in energy and emissions monitoring and management systems to better manage energy use. (For Business stream only)