Empowering Business to Go DigitalOverview
This program seeks to support the establishment of a non-government organisation to build and enhance small business digital capability and to address issues raised in the Small Business Digital Taskforce report.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Establish a financially self-sustaining non-government organisation (NGO) to increase small business awareness and adoption of digital technology, in line with the recommendations of the Small Business Digital Taskforce Report.
- Establish an online platform as a central point of up-to-date and tailored digital information for Australian small businesses and their trusted advisers.
- Improve information sharing between businesses, government, industry associations and the small business commissioners.
A single grant of up to $3 million will be awarded.
A total funding pool of $3 million is available over two years from 2018-19 to 2019-20.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be able to establish a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee prior to entering into a grant agreement.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
Eligible projects must include eligible activities and eligible expenditure.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and can include:
- Establishing a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, including recruiting and employing staff
- Consolidating, simplifying and promoting online information on ‘going digital’ from across government and the private sector
- Establishing an online platform of tools and information promoting awareness of the benefits of digital adoption for small businesses and their trusted advisers
- Engaging with small business and their trusted advisers
- Supporting business-to-business online information sharing and best practice
- Engaging sponsors and business partners to assist with achieving program objectives and sustaining their organisation beyond the grant period
- Coordinating and promoting online awareness campaigns on digital issues of concern to small business, including cyber security
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible expenditure.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Alignment with policy intent
- Capacity, capability and resources to deliver the project
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises)
- Financing costs, including debt financing and interest
- Non-project related staff training and development costs
- Costs related to preparing the grant proposal, preparing any project reports (except costs of independent audit reports we require) and preparing any project variation requests