Creativity Australia – With One Voice Community Choir Seed GrantsOverview
This program seeks to support communities from across Australia in creating a With One Voice community choir and be part of the solution to building stronger communities and reducing loneliness, isolation and disadvantage in their community. The With One Voice movement is about strengthening communities and inspiring individuals to find their voice. It is an opportunity to create real connections between the diverse people in the community.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available which will be paid in four instalments of $2,500 after choirs have met four establishment milestones (i.e. 1st rehearsal, launch).
In addition (and separate to the initial $10,000 seed grant) individual communities may also apply for an allowance of up to $2,500 to support their conductor in their development.
Eligible applicants include group of individuals or community organisations who have an interest in building healthier, happier, more inclusive and stronger communities, such as:
- Local schools
- Community based organisations such as Lions Clubs, Rotary Clubs and Freemasons Clubs
- Sporting groups or teams
- Not-for-profit organisations serving the community in any capacity (disability services, job seeker services, refugee and asylum seeker services, homelessness services, mental health services etc.)
- Religious groups
Eligible activities include establishing a local community choir.
The seed fund is to cover initial costs of conductor, supper and venue (if these can’t be found in-kind) while the program establishes itself in the community.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Understanding and commitment to the With One Voice model and purpose
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Readiness to establish and deliver
- Financial Understanding of model and prospects for sustainability
- Community need
- Partnerships and local support
- Capability and assembly of organising committee
- Central, large and accessible venue
- Creativity Australia need for choir in this location
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Local and State Councils
- For-profit groups/businesses