Cooperative Research Centres Program (CRC) – OverviewOverview
This program aims to support industry-led collaborations between industry, researchers and the community.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries, especially where Australia has a competitive strength, and in line with Government priorities.
- Foster high quality research to solve industry-identified problems through industry-led and outcome-focused collaborative research partnerships between industry entities and research organisations.
- Encourage and facilitate small and medium enterprise (SME) participation in collaborative research.
The program contains two funding streams:
1. Cooperative Research Centres (CRCs)
- To support medium to long term, industry-led collaborations.
- Grants of up to 50% of the resources will be provided with no specified limit to funding available for each CRC.
- Available annually. Round 21 opened 30 April and closed 1 July 2019, 5pm AEST.
2. Cooperative Research Centres Projects (CRC-Ps)
- To support short term, industry-led collaborative research.
- Grants between $100,000 and $3 million (GST exclusive) are available up to three years.
- Available biannually. The 2019 application dates are:
a) Round 7: Opened 13 February and closed 28 March, 5pm
b) Round 8: Opened 13 August and closed 24 September, 5pm
The collaboration must at least match the amount of grant funding sought through cash and/or in-kind contributions.
A total funding pool of $731 million is available over four years from 2018-19 to 2021-22.
Eligible applicants include all industry sectors and research disciplines.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements of each stream.
Eligible activities must address the program's objectives.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible activities of each stream.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of assessment criteria of each stream.