Community Recreation and Sport Facilities Program (CRSFP)Overview
This program aims to provide funding for the development of sustainable, inclusive, functional and fit for purpose active recreation and sport and facilities that meet the current and future needs of the South Australian community.
Grants are available in two funding categories:
- Minor facility development between $25,000 and $200,000 (GST exclusive).
- Major facility development between $200,000 and $1 million (GST exclusive).
The grant amount requested cannot be more than 50% of the total project cost. The applicant’s contribution towards the project can include voluntary labour and/or donated materials. Applicants seeking funding for recreational trails can apply for up to 75% of the total project cost.
A total funding pool of $4.28 million is available in 2018-19.
Eligible applicants include organisations that must be:
- A not-for-profit sport club, association or sports facility manager incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act 1985.
- A Council.
- A School Council/Board of Management.
- Operating for 12 months or longer.
Eligible activities include (but are not limited to):
- Construct or upgrade an active recreation and sport facility or multi-use sports hub.
- Upgrade of an aquatic facility.
- Modifications to ensure that an existing facility meets environmental and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Major upgrades to playing surfaces such as court resurfacing, installation of playing field irrigation systems/drainage systems.
- Installation of floodlighting.
- Construction/development of trails (walking, horse, bike, water-based).
- Water and energy saving initiatives including water harvesting, installation of new or upgrades to existing irrigation infrastructure, connection to existing water infrastructure (e.g. Glenelg Adelaide Pipeline), more efficient lighting, installation of solar panels and other innovative smart technologies.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Project need
- Quality infrastructure
- Project delivery and maintenance
- Project support and utilisation
- Community and strategic value
Please refer to the Guidelines for complete information of the assessment criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Projects where the request for funding is more than $1 million.
- Projects where the request for funding is greater than 50% of the total project cost (with the exclusion of recreational trails projects).
- The repair or replacement of facilities damaged by fire, explosion, vandalism, flood, storm or other natural disasters that would normally be covered by insurance.
- Requests solely for the purchase of recreation, entertainment, sporting, maintenance or any other equipment.
- Projects conducted outside of South Australia.
- Residential buildings including caretaker residences.
- Routine or cyclical maintenance works to existing facilities.
- Projects that:
a) Commence prior to a Grant Agreement being finalised (August 2018).
b) Do not support active recreation and sport activities.
c) Have already received an ORS grant.
Please refer to the Guidelines for complete information on restrictions.
|Scheduling and Usage Template||2019-02-12||Download|
|Council Project Support Form||2019-02-12||Download|
|Landowner Consent Former||2019-02-12||Download|
|Peak Body Support Form||2019-02-12||Download|
|Generic Project Support Form||2019-02-12||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator