Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC) – Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority GrantsOverview
This program seeks to support Australian SMEs to supply capabilities that are most critical to Defence. It will help Australian SMEs to invest in projects that build capabilities aligned with Defence’s stated Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities.
The intended outcome of the grant is to grow a robust and resilient Australian SME industrial base capable of providing a significant contribution to Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities.
The Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities are (in no particular order):
- Collins class submarine maintenance and technology upgrade
- Continuous shipbuilding program (including rolling submarine acquisition)
- Land combat vehicle and technology upgrade
- Enhanced active and passive phased array radar capability
- Combat clothing survivability and signature reduction technologies
- Advanced signal processing capability in electronic warfare, cyber and information security, and signature management technologies and operations
- Surveillance and intelligence data collection, analysis, dissemination and complex systems integration
- Test, evaluation, certification and systems assurance
- Munitions and small arms research, design, development and manufacture
- Aerospace platform deep maintenance
Grants between $50,000 and $1 million up to 50% of eligible project costs are available.
There is no limit on the number of grants a business can receive over the life of the grant. However, grants are capped at $3 million in a three-year period per recipient.
A total funding pool of $17 million is available each year from 2018-19 to 2021-22.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be an SME with less than 200 employees.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be one of the following entities:
a) A company, incorporated in Australia
b) An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
Joint applications are acceptable, provided they have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
Eligible projects must:
- Include eligible activities (please refer to section 5.2 and section 5.3 of the Guidelines).
- Have at least $100,000 in eligible expenditure.
- Occur within Australia.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and may include:
- Buying, constructing, installing or commissioning of capital equipment - including specialist software to enhance cyber security
- Design, engineering and commissioning activities
- Workforce training and accreditation
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible expenditure.
The main assessment criteria include:
- The extent to which their project will help them contribute to Defence’s Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities (50 points)
- The applicant's capacity, capability and resources to deliver the project (30 points).
- The impact of grant funding (20 points)
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.
|Sample Application Form||2018-11-22||Download|
|Sample Grant Agreement||2018-11-22||Download|
|Accountants Declaration Template||2018-11-22||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator