Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) – OverviewOverview
This program seeks to support the Australian government’s commitment to create jobs, drive economic growth and build stronger regional communities into the future. It will fund projects in regional Australia outside the major capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, and Canberra. This supersedes the National Stronger Regions Fund (NSRF).
The program is designed to achieve the following outcomes in regional and remote communities:
- Create jobs
- Have a positive impact on economic activity, including Indigenous economic participation through employment and supplier-use outcomes
- Enhance community facilities
- Enhance leadership capacity
- Encourage community cohesion and sense of identity
There are two streams of funding available under the program:
1. Infrastructure projects
- Grants between $20,000 and $10 million are available.
- For most projects grant funding will be up to 50% or up to 75% of the eligible project costs.
2. Community investments
- Grants between $5,000 and $10 million are available, however given the nature of eligible projects most grants will be under $100,000.
- For projects with a total project cost of more than $20,000, grant funding will be up to 50% or up to 75% of the eligible project costs. For small projects with a total project value of less than $20,000, grant funding will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
A total funding pool of $641.6 million is available over four years from 2016-17 to 2020-21.
As announced in the 2019-20 Federal Budget, the Government will provide $206.2 million from 2019-20 for a further round of the BBRF. This investment increases the total funding provided for the Building Better Regions Fund to $841.6 million and is in addition to the Government’s previous commitment to the National Stronger Regions Fund of $611.2 million over five years from 2015-16.
Please refer to the individual streams for the specific eligibility requirements.Eligible Activities
Please refer to the individual Guidelines of each stream for the specific eligible projects/activities.Main Assessment Criteria
Please refer to the Guidelines for the specific assessment criteria of each stream.Restrictions
Please refer to the individual Guidelines of each stream for the specific ineligible projects/activities.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Recipients - Community Investments Stream||2018-08-13||Download|
|Recipients - Infrastructure Projects Stream||2018-08-13||Download|
|Guidelines - Infrastructure Projects Stream||2018-09-27||Download|
|Guidelines - Community Investments Stream||2018-09-27||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator