Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) – Infrastructure Projects StreamOverview
This program aims to support projects which involve the construction, upgrade or extension of infrastructure in drought-affected areas and provide both economic and social benefits. It seeks to invests in projects located in, or benefiting eligible areas outside the major capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, and Canberra.
The program is one of the funding streams of the $841.6 million Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) which aims to support the Australian Government's commitment to create jobs, drive economic growth and build stronger regional communities into the future.
Round 4 of this program seeks to support projects which involve the construction, upgrade or extension of infrastructure in drought-affected areas.
Grants of between $20,000 and $10 million are available. Applicants are required to provide a co-contribution under the following circumstances:
- For projects classified as remote or very remote, the total government funding is up to 75% of total eligible project cost.
- For projects granted exceptional circumstances exempt from a cash contribution, the total government funding is up to 100% of total eligible project cost.
- All other classifications, the total government funding is up to 50% of total eligible project cost.
A total funding pool of $200 million is available for Round 4 (for both Infrastructure Projects and Community Investments streams).
Eligible applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following incorporated entities:
- An incorporated not for profit organisation. As a not for profit organisation they must demonstrate their not for profit status through one of the following:
a) Current Australian Charities and Not for profits Commission's (ACNC) Registration
b) State or Territory incorporated association status
c) Constitutional documents and/or Articles of Association that demonstrate the not for profit character of the organisation.
- An Australian local government agency or body as defined in appendix A of the grant opportunity Guidelines.
- Non-distributing co-operatives.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
Eligible projects must:
- Be aimed at the construction, upgrade or extension of infrastructure that provides economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas.
- Comprise one of the following activities:
a) The construction of new infrastructure
b) The upgrade to existing infrastructure
c) The extension of existing infrastructure
d) The replacement of infrastructure where there is a significant increase in benefit
- Not have started construction.
The project must not be located in an excluded area unless applicants can clearly demonstrate the significant benefits and employment outcomes, which flow directly into an eligible area.
In addition, the project must take place in a drought-affected location, as outlined under 2.1.2 of the Guidelines.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible expenditure.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Economic benefits of the project for the region (15 points)
- Social benefits of the project for the region (15 points)
- Capacity, capability and resources to deliver the project (5 points)
- Impact of grant funding on the project (5 points)
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- A for profit organisation.
- An individual, partnership or trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust).
- A Commonwealth, State or Territory government agency or body (including government business enterprises).
- A university, technical college, school or hospital.
- Purchase of land or existing infrastructure, including the costs associated with sub-division of land.
- Repair or replacement of existing infrastructure where there is no demonstrated significant increase in benefit.
- Purchase and installation of manufacturing equipment.
- Purchase of unfixed furniture, such as desks and fridges.
- Ongoing operating costs, including utilities and staffing.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of restrictions.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Fact Sheet - Employment Outcomes||2019-11-18||Download|
|Sample Standard Grant Agreement||2019-11-18||Download|
|Fact Sheet - Are You Ready to Apply||2019-11-18||Download|
|Sample Application Form||2019-11-18||Download|
|Accountants Declaration Template||2019-11-18||Download|
|Evidence of Contribution Template||2019-11-18||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator