Boosting Business Innovation Program (BBIP)Overview
This program aims to accelerate innovation in New South Wales (NSW) by supporting greater collaboration between research organisations and their business communities. It is a two-year program that will help unlock access to technology, equipment, research and expertise to build an innovation ecosystem and stimulate economic growth right across NSW.
The program will:
- Further a networked innovation ecosystem across NSW.
- Leverage additional external funding.
- Support small to medium enterprises (SMEs) who want to scale up and innovate.
- Grow the regional start-up sector and create innovation clusters across the State.
- Provide access to high tech equipment and technical expertise research by SMEs and start-ups through TechVouchers.
Through this program, start-ups and small-to-medium sized businesses will be connected with qualified professionals, university resources and technology. The partnerships will help build new incubators and adapt existing facilities so businesses and community can network, access information and share ideas in a collaborative environment.
The program's delivery partners include:
- Australian Catholic University
- Charles Sturt University
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Macquarie University
- Southern Cross University
- University of New England
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- Western Sydney University
A total funding pool of $18 million is available.
Eligible applicants include start-ups and small to medium enterprises (SMEs) located in New South Wales (NSW).
- Research & Development
- Business Support