Boost Your Business Voucher Program – Asia Gateway StreamOverview
This program seeks to support Victorian businesses to capitalise on growth opportunities arising from Asia, to ensure that they are well-equipped with the skills and capabilities needed to effectively do business with the region. It forms part of the Victorian Government's Boost Your Business Voucher Program which seeks to support businesses to become more productive, employ more people, improve market access and in general, increase their scale, diversity and profitability.
The objectives of this stream are:
- Capitalising on growth opportunities in Asia: Voucher projects will increase immediate to short-term business activities with Asian markets.
- Connecting and expanding into Asia: Voucher projects will provide businesses with the know-how, networks and skills for effective access to and expansion into Asian markets.
- Increased Asia capabilities: Voucher projects will better position businesses and organisations for long term engagement with Asian markets.
Vouchers of up to $50,000 (GST exclusive) are available. Applicants must contribute a minimum of 50% of the total costs of services.
Eligible applicants include small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) that are on a growth trajectory and must meet the following criteria:
- Be a legally structured business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure.
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
- Have an operating presence in Victoria.
- Employ at least 20 FTE (full-time equivalent) staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $1.5 million (preference will be given to applicants that employ less than 200 people).
- Conduct the majority of proposed activities in Victoria in partnership with a Registered Service Provider.
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
Eligible service activities are those that will build the businesses' Asian market engagement capabilities, including:
- Marketing and branding strategy development
- Market development plan
- In-market support
Service activities are only eligible for the State’s top Asian trading partners, which include:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
The main assessment criteria include:
- How will the project support one or more of the program objectives and voucher stream objectives? (30%)
- How will the project benefit the company by reaching longer term outcomes (e.g. new jobs, access to new markets and customers, new products and services and increased revenue)? (30%)
- Demonstrate their capacity or capability to successfully implement the project or project findings (e.g. track record of company and resources to be allocated to the project). (20%)
- Why does the project need government support to proceed? Detail the risks to the project without government support. (20%)