Boost Your Business Voucher Program – Asia Gateway StreamOverview
This program aims to help individual Victorian businesses and organisations in building their Asia capabilities and grow their export and market development capabilities. It is one of the funding streams of the Victorian Government's Boost Your Business Voucher Program which seeks to support businesses to become more productive, employ more people, improve market access and in general, increase their scale, diversity and profitability.
The objectives of this stream are:
- Capitalising on growth opportunities in Asia: Voucher projects will increase immediate to short-term business activities with Asian markets.
- Connecting and expanding into Asia: Voucher projects will provide businesses with the know-how, networks and skills for effective access to and expansion into Asian markets.
- Increased Asia capabilities: Voucher projects will better position businesses and organisations for long term engagement with Asian markets.
Vouchers of up to $50,000 (GST exclusive) are available. Applicants must contribute a minimum of 50% of the total costs of services. Recipients will be eligible for only one voucher under this stream.
Eligible applicants include small to medium businesses and organisations seeking to increase their export and business activity with an Asian market and must:
- Be a business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure.
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
- Have an operating presence in Victoria.
- Employ 20 to 200 staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $1.5 million.
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation.
Local governments and industry associations are eligible to apply and due to the nature of these service activities it is understood that they may occur within key Asian markets.
Commonwealth and State agencies and bodies are not eligible to apply.
Eligible service activities are those that will build the businesses' Asian market engagement capabilities, including:
- Marketing and branding strategy development
- Market development plan
- In-market support
Service activities are only eligible for the State’s top Asian trading partners, which include:
- Hong Kong
The main assessment criteria include:
- Extent to which the proposed project and identified service activities support one or more of the voucher stream objectives. (30%)
- Extent to which the project, funded by the voucher, has the potential to benefit the company by reaching longer term outcomes (e.g new jobs, access to new markets and customers, new products and services and increased revenue). (30%)
- Demonstrated capacity or capability to successfully implement the project or project findings (e.g. track record of company and resources to be allocated to the project). (20%)
- The need for government support for the project to proceed. (20%)