Boost Your Business Voucher Program – Advanced Manufacturing StreamOverview
This program aims to help Victorian manufacturers innovate, build scale and grow export capability. It forms part of the Victorian government's Boost Your Business Voucher Program to support Victorian businesses to become more productive, employ more people, improve market access and in general, increase their scale, diversity and profitability.
The objective of this stream is to increase the:
- Development and commercialisation of new products and advanced manufacturing processes by Victorian manufacturers.
- Adoption of new or improved capability, business models and business processes by Victorian manufacturers.
- Number of Victorian manufacturers entering new export markets and securing global supply chain opportunities.
There are three types of voucher available:
- Fastrack to export: Support one on one, bespoke services to individual Victorian manufacturing companies to secure international market development and export opportunities.
- Manufacturing innovation: Support commercialisation and late stage research and development rather than early stage research and development activities or ‘business as usual’ activities.
- Enhancing manufacturing capability: For projects that will significantly transform the applicant’s competitiveness rather than “business as usual” activities.
Vouchers of up to $50,000 (GST exclusive) are available on a dollar-for-dollar matched funding basis.
Eligible applicants include small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) that are on a growth trajectory and must meet the following criteria:
- Be a legally structured business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure.
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
- Have an operating presence in Victoria.
- Employ at least 20 FTE (full-time equivalent) staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $1.5 million (preference will be given to applicants that employ less than 200 people).
- Conduct the majority of proposed activities in Victoria in partnership with a Registered Service Provider.
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
In addition, applicants to this stream must be currently engaged in manufacturing or the manufacturing supply chain, or demonstrate a genuine commercial connection to the manufacturing supply chain.
Eligible activities include:
1. Fastrack to export (Market Engagement)
- Marketing and branding strategy (international)
- Market development plan (international)
- In-market support (international)
- Intellectual property (export related)
2. Manufacturing innovation (Innovation)
- Process innovation
- Product development
- Intellectual property
3. Enhancing manufacturing capability (Business Capability)
- Business process and systems improvements
- Financial management planning
- Industry standards implementation & certification
- Tender guidance
- Marketing and branding strategy
- Market development plan
The main assessment criteria include:
- How will the project support one or more of the program objectives and voucher stream objectives? (30%)
- How will the project benefit the company by reaching longer term outcomes (e.g. new jobs, access to new markets and customers, new products and services and increased revenue)? (30%)
- Demonstrate their capacity or capability to successfully implement the project or project findings (e.g. track record of company and resources to be allocated to the project). (20%)
- Why does the project need government support to proceed? Detail the risks to the project without government support. (20%)