Automotive Innovation Lab Access GrantsOverview
This program seeks to support businesses to undertake a range of activities to enhance the automotive product design and development process including design, prototype and testing activities undertaken at specialised facilities and service organisations. It is a key element of the Coalition Government’s $100 million Advanced Manufacturing Fund, supporting Australian workers and businesses to move into new areas of growth in the automotive sector.
The objectives of the program are to support:
- Business to access automotive test facilities and design and prototyping services.
- New automotive product development and enhance business capability for Australian businesses, building their capacity to deliver diversified product offerings and supply to local and international markets.
Grants between $50,000 and $200,000 are available up to 50% of eligible project costs.
A total funding pool of $7 million is available over three years from 2018-19 to 2020-21.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be an entity incorporated in Australia (includes an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust) and be a trading corporation, where their trading activities:
a) Form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation.
b) Are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the development of new or enhanced products with automotive application and can include:
a) Computer aided design
b) Measuring sessions
a) 3D Scanning
b) 3D Printing
c) Prototype tooling
d) Test-fit product prototypes
a) Specialised test services and facilities
b) Training centre
d) Photography studio
Eligible projects must use an external facility and:
- Include eligible activities and eligible expenditure.
- Have at least $100,000 in eligible expenditure.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible expenditure.
The main assessment criteria include:
- The extent that the project will assist them to design, prototype and/or test automotive products that will improve the competitiveness of their business. (40 points)
- Their capacity, capability and access to resources to deliver the project. (30 points)
- The impact of grant funding on their project. (30 points)
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.