Australian Sports Foundation – Giving for Grassroots (G4G™) Program: Sport4EveryoneOverview
This program aims to help individuals and communities to connect through sport, regardless of background or ability.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide positive and inclusive sporting experiences.
- Create greater awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion in sport.
- Increase inclusive sporting environments.
- Allow greater opportunity for long term sport participation and connections.
- Increase the number of participants (including players, volunteers or family members involved in sport activity).
- Give more opportunities for people from different backgrounds to come together.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available.
Eligible applicants include:
- Australian grassroots organisations
- Public schools (No ABN or INC required)
- Organisations with revenue less than $500,000 in the last two financial years combined
- Local Councils
Eligible projects include (but are not limited to):
- Events to increase interest and engagement
- Funds to cover registration and playing costs
- Specific competitions focused on eligible groups under the inclusive and diverse category
- Clinics and training programs
- Buses and transport to enable rural, remote or non-driving groups to participate
- Accessible facilities and equipment
- Community events to encourage family involvement
The main assessment criteria include:
- Does the project align with the program objectives?
- Evidence of need: Why does this project need to be done?
- Realistic work plan: What are the planned activities or events?
- Realistic budget: Set and break down a detailed budget for the granted funds.
- Sustainability: Is the project going to have enough interest and resources to continue after the grant?
- Whether the project will require additional funding after the grant.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- For profit organisations.
- Private schools.
- Clubs or organisations with a revenue of more than $500,000 in the last two financial years combined.
- Clubs or organisations without an ABN number.
- Groups whose use for funding is primarily religous.
- Gambling or alcohol (including bar or gaming machine areas).
- Recipients of cash grants under the 2016 and 2017 G4G program.