Audrey Fagan Young Women's Enrichment Grants ProgramOverview
This program aims to inspire young women to enhance their skills and knowledge within their area of interest. It provides an opportunity for young women to make decisions, take responsibility, or initiate projects in collaboration with an experienced mentor of their choice.
Applications are capped to a non-recurrent grant up to $2,000 (GST exclusive). If the cost of participating in the activity/project is more than $2,000, applicants must need to show how the additional costs will be met.
A total funding pool of $10,000 (GST exclusive) is available in 2017.
Applicants must obtain permission from their parent/guardian before submitting their application.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a young woman aged between 12-18 years of age (the year the grant is applied for).
- Be a resident of the ACT; and/or attend an ACT school; or being home schooled in the ACT.
- Have the support of a mentor.
- Have not received an Enrichment Grant or Youth Interact Scholarship in the past two years.
- Complete all questions.
- Submit application by 25 August 2017.
Previous unsuccessful applicants of the Audrey Fagan Young Women’s Enrichment Grant are welcome to apply.
Eligible expenditures include:
- Pay tuition, fees or books (does not include school fees)
- Specialist equipment
- Registration costs for an activity/project
- Accommodation costs for the activity/project
- Travel expenses to a activity/project
The main assessment criteria include the:
- Proposal demonstrates clearly the aims of the activity/project.
- Proposal demonstrates clearly the support from their mentor in achieving the activity/project.
- Extent to which the activity/project benefits the applicant.
- Budget is realistic and clearly details all expenditure for the project and demonstrates value for money.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Activity/project that has already commenced prior to submitting an application.
- School fees.
- Financial support for travel companions.
- Spending money.
- Activity/projects that require on-going funding where the applicant or her family will not be able to meet the cost after the grant money has been spent.
- Activities or items that are already receiving full funding from another program.
- Research & Development
- Business Support