Advanced Manufacturing Growth FundOverview
This program seeks to support capital projects to establish and expand advanced manufacturing activities in Victoria and South Australia. It aims to transition the manufacturing sector and improve the overall efficiency and competitiveness of firms and the broader economy.
The program forms part of the new $100 million Advanced Manufacturing Fund designed to drive innovation in Australia’s manufacturing sector to create jobs, grow businesses, improve productivity and be globally competitive.
Grants between $500,000 and $2.5 million are available. Up to one third of the total eligible project costs can be funded from any government grants or assistance.
The minimum project amount is $1.5 million with a maximum project period of 30 months and must be completed by 30 June 2021.
A total funding pool of $47.5 million is available over four years.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a small or medium enterprise (SME) with up to 199 full time equivalent employees.
- Be an entity incorporated in Australia.
- Be non-income tax exempt.
- Engage in trading activities that:
a) Form a sufficiently significant proportion of its overall activities.
b) Are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Joint applications are acceptable, provided they have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply. They must have a formal arrangement in place with all parties.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements and list of ineligible applicants.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and must include buying, constructing, installing or commissioning of manufacturing capital equipment and may include:
- Design and engineering activities directly related to the project.
- Fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to buildings directly related to the project.
- Training directly related to the project.
Eligible projects must:
- Include eligible activities and eligible expenditure.
- Have at least $1.5 million in eligible expenditure.
- Occur in Victoria or South Australia (or both).
If the project involves relocating manufacturing operations to South Australia or Victoria (either from another Australian State or Territory or from another country), only activities directly related to new or additional capability are eligible. No other activities associated with relocation are eligible.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible expenditure.
The main assessment criteria include:
- The advanced manufacturing benefits for their business and the broader economy. (40 points)
- Impact of grant funding on their project. (20 points)
- Their capacity, capability and resources to deliver the project. (40 points)
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Sample Application Form||2018-01-12||Download|
|External Accountant Declaration Form||2018-01-12||Download|
|Sample Grant Agreement Form||2018-01-12||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator