Advance Queensland (Overview)Overview
This program aims to support programs that drive innovation, build on the natural advantages, and help raise Queensland's profile as an attractive investment destination. It is a suite of programs designed to create the knowledge-based jobs of the future, drive productivity improvements and help position the state as an attractive investment destination with a strong innovation and entrepreneurial culture.
Advance Queensland focuses on five key areas:
- Inspire Queenslanders to engage with science and technology, to be entrepreneurial and take their ideas to the world.
- Discover new solutions to improve everyday lives through programs to foster current and future talent and enable researchers and industry to solve global challenges in Queensland.
- Connect Queenslanders to world-leading local and international innovators through programs that encourage collaboration and build the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Invest in Queensland innovation through programs to encourage seed funding, venture capital and deal-flow, and foster emerging industries.
- Grow the competitiveness of businesses, industries and regions through programs to accelerate growth and unlock new markets and opportunities.
Funding is available under the following programs:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander PhD Scholarships
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Fellowships
- Advancing Regional Innovation Program
- Biofutures Commercialisation Program
- Business Development Fund
- Commercialisation Partnership Program
- Create Queensland
- Engaging Science Grants
- Founders' Fellowships
- Growing Queensland’s Companies
- Hot DesQ
- Ignite Ideas Fund
- Industry Accelerator Program
- Industry Attraction Fund
- Innovate Queensland
- Innovation Partnerships
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
- PhD Scholarships
- Platform Technologies Program
- Queensland Startup Events and Activities Fund
- Regional Business Angels Support Program
- Research Fellowships
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Pilot Program
- Sport Science Challenge
- Testing Within Government (TWiG) Program
- Young Starters Fund
- Young Starters’ Competition
The program was announced as part of the 2015-16 State Budget of Queensland with an initial funding pool of $180 million. An additional investment of $225 million has been committed by the Queensland Government in the 2016-17 State budget, bringing the total funding pool to $405 million which will be available over four years.
As announced in the 2018-19 State Budget, the Government will increased its investment to Advance Queensland, bringing its total funding to $650 million. This includes:
- A $73 million increased investment over four years in the Advance Queensland Foundations for the Future initiative, which will back the entrepreneurs through the Ignite Ideas program ($30 million), Industry Research Fellowships ($26 million) and the Backing Queensland Entrepreneurs program.
- $40 million over two years to extend the Advance Queensland Industry Attraction Fund.
- $40M in additional funding for the Business Development Fund.
Please refer to the individual initiatives for the specific eligibility requirements.Eligible Activities
Please refer to the individual initiatives for the specific eligible activities.Main Assessment Criteria
Please refer to the individual initiatives for the specific assessment criteria.
- Research & Development
- Business Support