Advance Queensland (Overview)Overview
This program aims to support programs that drive innovation, build on Queensland's natural advantages, and help raise the State's profile as an attractive investment destination. It is a suite of programs designed to create the knowledge-based jobs of the future, drive productivity improvements and help position the state as an attractive investment destination with a strong innovation and entrepreneurial culture.
Funding and support is available to the following:
- Entrepreneurs and startups
- Small business
- Universities and researchers
The program was announced as part of the 2015-16 State Budget of Queensland with an initial funding pool of $180 million. An additional investment of $225 million has been committed by the Queensland government in the 2016-17 State budget, bringing the total funding pool to $405 million which will be available over four years.
As announced in the 2018-19 State Budget, the government will increased its investment to Advance Queensland, bringing its total funding to $650 million. This includes:
- A $73 million increased investment over four years in the Advance Queensland Foundations for the Future initiative, which will back the entrepreneurs through the Ignite Ideas program ($30 million), Industry Research Fellowships ($26 million) and the Backing Queensland Entrepreneurs program.
- $40 million over two years to extend the Advance Queensland Industry Attraction Fund.
- $40 million in additional funding for the Business Development Fund.
Please refer to the website for the complete list of programs and initiatives that are available.
Please refer to the individual initiatives for the specific eligibility requirements.Eligible Activities
Please refer to the individual initiatives for the specific eligible activities.Main Assessment Criteria
Please refer to the individual initiatives for the specific assessment criteria.
- Research & Development
- Business Support
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator