Advance Queensland – Engaging Science GrantsOverview
This program seeks to support science engagement and communication projects, events and activities that increase the reach and impact of science in Queensland.
The program forms part of the Advance Queensland Engaging Queenslanders in Science Strategy which outlines a vision to create a Queensland population that engages in, recognises, supports and advocates for science.
Grants of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) are available.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be Queensland-based with an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Address at least one of the Engaging Queenslanders in Science strategy’s four goals:
a) STEM participation: To increase the number of students participating in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects.
b) Public engagement: To increase engagement and participation of the Queensland community in science-based activities.
c) Scientist engagement: To increase the number of scientists directly engaging with the Queensland community.
d) Public awareness: To increase awareness and understanding of the great science taking place in Queensland.
Eligible projects, events and activities are those that will increase awareness of science and engage the wider community, including (but not limited to):
- A school community event/activity/research project involving students, teachers and parents.
- A citizen science project such as a scientist or researcher engages and collaborates with the local community to gather data for a scientific project (this project can also be instigated by an individual or community group).
- An open house (e.g. invite the local community to a conducted tour of a scientific premises).
- A media or social media campaign (e.g. animation/video production and distribution via social media channels).
- An event, seminar or workshop such as, science communication training for researchers or an activity connecting scientists with community groups to promote Queensland scientists and science programs.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible costs.
The main assessment criteria include:
- Well planned project that will deliver and communicate information on an important science topic that is beneficial to the target audience. (50%)
- Clear outcomes and alignment with the Engaging Queenslanders in Science strategy. (30%)
- Effective promotion of the proposed project and evaluation of its success. (20%)
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete information of the assessment criteria.
The following activities are ineligible for funding:
- Cases where similar activities are already being delivered within the geographical location.
- The delivery of curriculum-based classroom lessons, however the grant can be used to enhance curriculum-based learning through an ancillary event, activity or project.
- The provision of events or activities such as workshops delivered by service providers where the attendees will be charged to attend.
- Proposals that centre largely around the acquisition of equipment or software (e.g. iPads, drones or teaching software (no more than 60% is to be spend on equipment or software)).
- Research & Development
- Business Support
|Terms and Conditions||2018-09-21||Download|
|Applicant Declaration Form||2018-09-21||Download|
|Online Grant Application Instructions||2018-09-21||Download|
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator